Handling Purchases And Sales Of Condominiums & Co-Ops
While there are certain similarities among all types of real estate transactions, condominiums and cooperatives have their own, unique challenges. Since these types of dwellings are commonplace in New York City and the surrounding areas, it is vital to protect your legal rights during the closing process. The best way to do so is through knowledgeable, skilled legal representation.
The attorneys at Tague & Vanden Heuvel LLP are here to assist with all aspects of your real estate transaction. Our Bronxville law office provides representation to clients throughout the area, including in New York City and throughout Westchester County.
How We Assist With Condo Sales And Purchases
Our law firm represents both buyers and sellers of condominium units. We make every effort to ensure the process goes as smoothly as possible for our clients. To do this, we provide comprehensive services that include:
- Reviewing and negotiating terms of purchase agreements
- Reviewing the title and addressing any liens, unpaid taxes, judgments or other violations
- Preparing for closing and estimating closing costs, including taxes, title insurance and condominium fees
- Representing you at closing and being an advocate for your interest if any disputes arise
How We Help With Co-Op Purchases
Unlike a condo or single-family home, co-ops are owned by a corporation. When you buy a unit, it is like you are buying shares from a company that gives you the right to occupy a unit in the building. Cooperative purchases can benefit greatly from the guidance and representation of a lawyer. Our firm can help with all aspects of this transaction, including:
- Examining the cooperative’s offering plan, financial statements and board minutes to identify potential problems
- Negotiating the terms of your purchase and sale agreement
- Reviewing the lien search and addressing any liens, judgments or other potential issues
- Representing you at closing and being an advocate for you if any disputes arise
Whether your real estate transaction is related to a condominium or cooperative, make sure your legal rights are protected. Contact our firm today at 914-775-8913, or submit our online contact form to learn how we can help.